Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are.

A simple line by “ Houssaye “ , I don’t know who he is… I do not know when he said it… but when I read the quote… I just sat there… thinking… thinking whom I love…rather what I love…
What am I passionate about? What do I want from this world? I sat there thinking, just one thing I really love… the one thing that would make me complete… no, it is not the “perfect love” . I really don’t know…
Would money make me happy? Maybe, I would never know…If yes how much…( To actually test it, wire donations to visa account no E-39410 ).. a man is never satisfied… I just read my own wish list… the one on the right side menu… I bragged about having “perfect friends” … the “perfect lover” … and you know what… nothing… the love was gone… the friends turned their backs… the two things on the very top of my list… gone … as sunshine on a rainy day… at least my cell was fine ( for people worried about it with regards to my previous post, she handled it well ) … but as I quoted “upgrade my cell” … I couldn’t believe what I wanted… I was so ashamed about what I wanted ( my wish list ) that I immediately took it down.
Awesome marriage, perfect job… now what is perfect? Does a perfect job mean a really good salary? Something you love doing? Something that will put bread on the table? Something that you are passionate about? I wonder how many people can look me in the eye and say “yeah! I love doing what I do… cause that’s my passion… that’s what I was born to do” … I really want to hear that…it might give me some hope. Enough hope that I could say those same words one day to a really confused kid…
I hate people telling me that I work here, I work there, I get paid this much, I am so happy with my new job… it really saddens me ( not because I don’t want them to be happy, but)… these people grabbed the first opportunity they had…never gave their dreams a chance…Could you honestly look into a mirror and say “Yes, this is what I wanted” … I bet you couldn’t. Everybody when they were kids used to say… I want to be a doctor, save people… I want to join the army, protect my country, I want to be an astronaut, see the world from outside, I want to be a pilot,fly into the clouds... How many did follow their dreams? Yeah how many?
I don’t want to be one of them… I want to follow my dreams… I don’t want to play it safe, taking a pathetic 9 to 5 job sitting behind a stupid computer… I really don’t.
I want to give my dreams, my passion, another chance, and then another one after that…

And I sat there wondering what I love so much…the voice inside me reminded me…yeah… I love the sea… I just don’t know why… the first time I saw it ( back when I was 10 on a family vacation ) I just fell in love with it… I couldn’t care less about the pony back rides or the cotton candy or the delicious chaat places that bordered the beach…I just kept gazing at the waters…
It has been quite a few years since I’ve seen the coastline… but the smell of the ocean air… as strong as if it were just following me everywhere… I am not a poet else I would have engraved countless lines about the ocean on a hard wood… poets write so many verses about the sun, the moon, the rain, etc etc… making full use of thesaurus ( :P, I assume )… but not me… if I love something… there is no way a few lines could describe how I feel… no matter how beautifully fabricated it might be.

As the saying goes, “Those who wish to sing always find a song.”… I have a song! I just need somebody to listen… My dreams is to work close to the ocean… as close as it can be… maybe I will… maybe I wont.. However, the truth is… I will keep trying…cause you know…I am not a dreamer.. I just dream………

21 comments:

shub said...

hey i love thesea too!!! which is why i decided its high time i learnt how to swim n did so at the ripe old agr of 23 :D
n my dream is to build a house overlooking the sea :)

Golden Words said...

I'll teach u swimming if u'd like... and about the house... who wouldn't want one eh... private beach n all... all the very best though.. hope all your dreams come true...
Mark Twain said Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Do just that girl...as they say better late than never...

a_beautifulmind said...

"Love is a symbol of eternity.It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."
~Author Unknown
So LOVE continues till eternity.
As far as working only what you love is concerned I will just say
"Doing what U love is freedom, loving what U do is happiness....
New to ur blog. Nice thots !!
Hope to read pretty good stuff here in future. :-)

Golden Words said...

sarcasm-in-a-bottle thanks for the kind words..only hope you are not being sarcastic..
a_beautiful_mind well said... and yeah i hope to continue writing 'pretty good stuff' in the future...

Golden Words said...

Amen to that alba..

a_beautifulmind said...

We in the blog world are waiting for that 'pretty good stuff' ;-)
Just kidding :-)
U r already writing good stuff here.

Golden Words said...

'U r already writing good stuff here. ' Duh!!
hehe kidding pal... well i write from my heart...think that is missing from many bloggers out there... they want people to like their "posts" ... so they forget who/what they really are.. follow your heart to the way to ur dreams...
I swear i just made that up...
GW..

a_beautifulmind said...

Nice Keep following ur heart...I try to do that too ;-)
Very true that people in blog world just forget that.....else I would have had some more good blogs to visit
Will keep visiting yours. :-)

Golden Words said...

Haha .. *g.w is flattered*
There are some great blogs out there... just got to find them yet... when i get to a great blog...will definately let ya know...
and thanks for the frequent visits... :-)
*G.W is happy*

Chuck said...

It sounds as if you're feeling better. I hope so.

Golden Words said...

Thanks so much for your concern Chuck... i am fine... atleast i think i am... :-) ..

Golden Words said...

Hey all.. check out my new photo blog ... mycameraworks.blogspot.com

The Bard said...

ur post made me think.
the one thing i luv most is food. but u r rt i aint following my heart m following my mind wich is telling me to get a 9 to 5 job ..good salary...job satisfaction....blah blah...

its like the mind wins over the heart...n logic wins over love.
sad isnt it?

hope u find ur love (sea) n both of u live happily ever after :)

Golden Words said...

Thats always the way... logic over love.. sounds tragic...
and thanks for the bestwishes... i hope so too...and it aint always a bad thing if u r satisfied with your job.. :-p
"ur post made me think" Thats what i love doing..making people think...

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood

Anonymous said...

You write really well golden.words.
True to your heart, it takes a brave man to follow his dream, hope you are one of them.

Elixir said...

heyyyyyy i am on my way o getting my dreams fulfilled. umm its jus da beginning and da way its going...alls hunky dory my part o da world.:D
n i bet ull sing ur song and people will listen...i mean uve already found it!!! n thats da first step aint it?? :D

reminded me o da lennon song...imagine.
i think it was ur line...im not a dreamer
u may say im a dreamer....
but im not the only one....
God Bless GW

Golden Words said...

:-) yeah god bless him :-) ..
and congrats on the "i am on my way of getting my dreams " thing... atleast there's one of us!!

GratisGab said...

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Dream on!

GratisGab said...

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Dream on!

Golden Words said...

Thanks Kiki... and hey.. i'm glad my writing could inspire someone atleast.. :-) .. and all the very best in finding what u love..
as the saying goes I'd rather be a failure at something i love, than a success at something i hate.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nitsy......just read your article "Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are"....and i found it brilliant. well as to why i felt that way.......it was so simple....yet it had so much depth to it....
I am madly in love with the ocean too.....its the only image that comes to my mind even when i meditate....or get in touch with the divine. And about doing what we are passionate about.....well as of now im on that trip too..... and well all i can say is that there are so many wonderful things to do in this life....so just be what u were born to be.