Anyone can give up smoking, but it takes a real man to face cancer.

Recently at a party I had been to I tried my hand at smoking, not because I had a craving for nicotine or something, its just that everyone was, hot guys, hot girls, semi hot guys, semi hot girls, you get the point right? I did the most logical thing to do, my effort to fit right in, I asked my brother to give me the cigarette he was smoking, for half a minute I just held it between my fingers, didn’t know what to do, how to smoke, nobody had tutored me that, my conscience fighting a losing battle.
Finally I moistened the tip, took a deep one in, my body wanted to do the most rational thing. I wanted to cough. I never wanted to do anything more in my life at that moment, I just wanted to let out the smoke that filled my lungs… but that would be so “uncool”… I kept it in… exhaled slowly… tried to make a ring of smoke ( that’s the cool part about smoking by the way )… least I should say, that it’s the effort that counts.
Half the cigarette was over… with only one actual contact with my lips. My brother who was quietly observing my facial reactions passed me water ( so sweet of him ), but my friend this ego guy, wouldn't let me…
A few years back I wouldn’t let go my principles no matter what, I never would succumb to the pressure of the outside “cool” world… I would never smoke come what may! But hey, times change, I still don’t know what made me do it, I still don’t know why I did it… but the bottom line is that I smoked…
How disappointed my better half would be when I tell… so I decided not to … made my bro take a oath that he would carry it to his grave or mine whichever came first… but that night before I said "goodnight, I love you", the general routine… it came out… “Honey, I smoked… but just once”… a long silence later… “Its ok honey… just promise you wont do I again… swear on me”… so I did… and hey I pledge to my blog readers “as long as there is oxygen in my lungs I promise not to smoke a cigarette again”
Now cigars and pipes … that’s a totally different thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
Good thing you've given up on smoking. If you die soon who'll entertain us eh? Your posts are good man, your titles are great.
But the way you insult people, now thats just amazing.
Keep Blogging
A Fan

Golden Words said...

Aha..Here we are people..my First "Fan"... damn that he/her left an anonymous note..else i would bless his/her email with a shower of thank you notes... but hey pal, thanks for the compliments..

Ektz said...

Oh, you've got another fan following here:)

quite a great blog you have here as well. Better than most out there, and also interesting! I like the way you put titles.

you rock!
keep on.

Golden Words said...

Thanks girl.. 03:33 am eh! hmmm another night kinda girl!!

Total no of Fans - 2 ( might Grow )