Such parting break the heart they fondly hope to heal.

A message from a friend,
I’m off to the airport, kinda sad, kinda depressed. Am leaving behind a family, a family of friends, you’ve been a great friend, Thanks for the great years I’ve had. Thank you.

Well got me into thinking, why people share such strong bonds, why is parting so difficult, why is goodbye such a hard word to say, why isn’t it see you later, why is it goodbye? Why?

Got a shock from another friend,
Hey, I’m leaving Bangalore for good, this month end… I hope you’ll come to Hyderabad to visit me… we’ll meet when you come for a holiday

Yeah I’ll meet you, I don’t let go so easily… have moved so often my entire life, dad being in the army… I was always the kid who was leaving, I was always the one sitting in the car,waving, hoping that I’ll meet new friends, hoping I’ll meet new hearts. Never thinking how those people I was waving to,felt, never wondering how many souls I managed to touch… a few weeks back, I was chatting with this person I knew from so long back, we were recalling our past, she remembered one evening when it was raining heavily, I ran up to her and shared my umbrella, dropped her till her house… I mean it was pretty logical to me, friend in need thing… but after 8 years she still remembers… her house was a little off my route, but I guess these small gestures really matter…

One of my friends told me,
Hey, guess what, my tickets to Australia have been booked, I’m leaving first week of July

It’s hard to leave something behind, wondering if you’ll ever see it again, it’s hard to leave something behind, wondering if you’ll ever feel it again…I don’t know if I’ll ever see them again, the world’s not that small a place, I just don’t know. At least one thing is good, everyone’s future is made, all of them know where they are heading, no one is playing with their future like me, for me, I just have to wait and watch.

One of my friends while graduation told the college,
When I was leaving school, I was almost in tears. My teacher took me to this painting and asked what I saw, I said that I could see a few ships at a harbor. He then asked what I felt was wrong with the painting, I said nothing, cause they really wasn’t anything wrong, the painting was perfect. My teacher then told me, the ship doesn’t belong there, it belongs to the sea… the sea is hard, it is rough, it is scary, the harbor is where the ship is the safest…but the sea is where it belongs

School was safe for me, college was safer, I don’t know what the world has to offer, but I’ll take what it gives me…
When I was leaving school, it wasn’t too hard, ‘cause I knew, I’ll meet most of my friends time and again, now I just am not too sure… have a few parties the next few days… after that.. everyone’s going here and there, but hey, life starts after college right?( or was it life begins at 30? ) But one thing’s for sure, when I need them, I just got to close my eyes and they will be with me, whenever I need them, I just reach out my hand, and they’ll be here… We only part to meet again...

A forward was being circulated around my college,
Those late night coffee’s, those nightouts, those internals, those begging for marks, those horrible teachers, those 58 pathetic exams, that tension before results, those boring hours in class, those smses that we all enjoyed during class, those bunking classes, the awful labs, the many fests, the enjoyment… its all gone! Now you’re an engineer.

Just don’t know how to let go...just don’t know if I want to let go...

18 comments:

SmartOxymoron said...

"The ship is safest in the harbour, but the ocean is where it belongs."- A friend, yesterday
"LET GO. FLY."-Me,Expt0x03(Unpublished)

I think I know how you feel. We're just seeds from a cotton pod. Seeds, soft and fertile, scattered by the wind. Let go dude.

Ad astra per aspera said...

Trust me , the best is yet to come. You will always remember your college / school days wistfully as those good ol' days.. but I doubt you'll want to go back. There is a time and place for everything. Your place is now at the sea, battling it out and enjoying the thrills of the voyage.
Bon voyage, mon petit gars!

sathish said...

on the first few lines, they are mostly told by people about whom they are sentimentally or emotionally attached. if person A likes B and they both have been around for quite a long time that too 4yrs then feelings & emotions start building up. thats when, when one of them leaves to a new place they tell this.

"ship belongs to the sea" yep even i've read about that earlier and so here vr!!

Golden Words said...

Smart- i am waiting for dr j and mr h...whens that coming out?

Anyway, too much partying going on here, the remaining who are left that is... so the blues havent set in yet..

Golden Words said...

*updated the photo blog @ mycameraworks.blogspot.com

Golden Words said...

also www.snaps.co.nr can be viewed!

Anonymous said...

Hey i just loved this article.....
I completely understand what your trying to say.....coz its something im feeling right now too.....
Its easy for people to say let go.....but when u close your eyes...all those memories come flooding back......and well.....tears take over......
Its true that change is a constant thing in life......but its these little moments that carry us through life.....makes the bond between us so much more stronger.....
Its like this invisible thread connecting us all......and the thread is made of pure.....unselfish love.

Golden Words said...

you said it girl!

J said...

i like that line u have there in the footer. And oh, thanks for dropping by my blog :)

*pleased with myself for being so nice n polite n well, nice again on a wonderful monday morning*

Golden Words said...

Thanks for visiting, and thank god someone doesnt have monday morning blues!

J said...

GW, yeah i'm one of God's special children :)

But seriously i dunno anyone else who loves mondays as much as i do. So i guess u cud very well be my neighbour who blogs ;)

Golden Words said...

i sure do love monday evenings..awesome programes on Tv!
oh yeah i am addicted to the idiot box!

J said...

i dont believe this!!!

u love mondays.
u addicted to tv.

wot more???

Golden Words said...

If i told you, i might have to kill ya...now we dont want that do we?

J said...

u cant quite kill someone who's dead can you?

Golden Words said...

ahh, a ghost on blog world eh!!

[realising that u meant emotionally]
G.W

J said...

Aint this comment on comment business getting to be a lil too long? Lets cut it n move to the next level shall we? :)

Golden Words said...

U mean the next post?
sure!