Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

I've been listening/learning/playing this song, Yaroon, it's a Hindi song, took about one hour to search and download. It was worth every millisecond. The wordings are simply amazing (the guitar cords simple, I like songs like these), I wish I could play the song for you all, but my voice is not the canary-filled it used to be, am down with throat infection again. It’s the kind of song one can so well relate to. The kind of song which brings back so many memories, like the time I caught my first fish back in Shillong, wanted to show off my “catch” so badly that I forgot to reel it in properly and it somehow got unhooked and got away, and nobody would believe me that I caught one. They still don’t. Yet another ‘it got away’ tale apparently… The time when I got my first bike, it was a mountain terrain model, boy! me and my brother rode it till the rubber wore off. The time I climbed on to a horse, rode off into the sunset, the beautiful evenings playing cricket, the time we all went boating when it was snowing. It was so so so cold, but nobody seemed to care, the beautiful Himalayas seemingly took the cold away. I remembered my numerous attempts to be a success at rock climbing, who could have guessed that defying gravity could be so hard.
I was sitting here thinking about my childhood, the setting was so perfect to do so, slight rain, hot coffee, amazing music. I found a wallpaper on google, that I used to have on my comp 6 years back. All my history with this computer returned, the numerous websites I created, the failed attempts trying to get my friends passwords (irrespective of what may be said elsewhere, I don’t do that anymore), the thousands of formats, we’ve come a long way. I have upgraded it a few times in case you are wondering what I am doing with a 6 year old comp.
This song “Romeo and Juliet” by Dire Straits was one of the songs I could relate to so well… I always pictured myself singing this song to my ‘going to be fiancĂ©’ just before the proposal ( that way it would be so hard to refuse ) … the wordings fit so well “I cant do the talks, like they talk on TV, and I cant do a love song, like the way its meant to be, I cant do everything, but I’ll do anything for you…………. All I do is kiss you , through the bars or a rhyme “ … yeah the plan was so superb, till this day when a friend of mine told me that this song was about a prostitute, v had so many arguments about this, no general conclusions could be made, but the charm of the song was gone… if anyone can clarify, please, please do so…
I never realized this, but I loved my past, wouldn’t change a thing about it… hmmm come to think of it, I might just want to be a little extra careful with the fish.

A Love Struck Romeo

5 comments:

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

What the song means to you is fully under your control. You can choose to allow the information provided by your friend destroy the pleasure you felt by what you think. You can choose to not attach yourself, your feelings to ideas.

Golden Words said...

Well said georganna :) will try
thats for sure

Calvin said...

it is about a hooker..

Golden Words said...

:-(

Anonymous said...

And to boot usually|this can be} often extremely the simplest issue associated with, your initial investigate of your Salaryday and to boot Fitting Mortgage is truly captivation installment loans utterly FREE!!! That’s ideal. Anyone won't need to pay one specific dime related to captivation on the initial investigate. This Salaryday and to boot Fitting Mortgage goes to be thought to be among all of our hottest financial product, the style it is so hassle-free equally as accommodating.